Anatomy of a “Collective Gathering”
- These Collective Gatherings are intended to embrace elements of a fringe festival* (or Wild Goose Festival) celebration of culture and the arts, as we explore and savor the richness of this life together. It’s also an opportunity to collectively deepen our spiritual journey by engaging with guest speakers, drinking in some purposeful conversation, questioning everything, and enjoying ourselves with some good company along the way!
- These gatherings serve to unite all the individual Dinner Gatherings while also being open to the public. They take place 2 – 4 times a year from 5:30 – 8:00pm on a Sunday night at a local brewpub in Milwaukee, WI. Food and drink are available to purchase.
- Families with children are welcome to attend with the understanding that this is a brewpub/restaurant setting where alcohol is being served. If there proves to be a need, we will work on providing childcare for those who wish to take advantage of it.
*The Edinburgh Fringe [the original festival fringe] founded by 8 theater troupes and created on the fringes of a 1947 international cultural festival to which they weren’t invited] has so much going on that to try to properly sum it up quickly is virtually impossible – there’s theatre, dance, cabaret, comedy, exhibitions, events, musicals, opera, children’s shows, visual art, music and more!
- We ask a lot of questions, but not to “tear down” a person’s set of beliefs. Our lofty goal is to unearth
truth behind belief and faith beyond religion until the image of God reflects in the restless soul.
- If your soul is completely at peace and you have the answers you need, you must decide if it’s a
good idea to hang around Wayfarers like us who stir the pot with regularity to see what’s what.