Email us (link at bottom of page) if you want to start or join a Dinner Gathering!
Anatomy of a “Dinner Gathering”
- The starting place is simply finding people who are interested in preparing and eating good food while exploring themes and questions about spirituality in the context of a small, close-knit community.
- The idea of a dinner club (gathering friends and others together to prepare and enjoy good food and good conversation) has been around for a while. So, think of it all this way: dinner club + spiritual gathering = Dinner Gathering.
- We gather groups of 8-12 people in a welcoming home, around once a month, where each group shapes its own unique, collective approach to defining and living out our faith while planning, preparing and sharing a delectable meal together.
- The Wayfarers Faith Collective approach to “faith” doesn’t assume that we or anyone else is on that one “valid” spiritual path with all the “right” answers.
- The idea of faith, as we embrace it, has no agenda to “convert” you or “save” you or “install” you on a membership roll with a box of offering envelopes. It IS an opportunity to learn from one another and eat some great food, while deepening our spiritual journey together.
- The goal (apart from food) is for each group to organically develop their own spiritual path with NO set obligation to bring along 2,000 years of doctrine, dogma or tradition in tow (unless you want to).
- The structure, character and ultimate identity of each Dinner Gathering is unique as determined by its members (the object being to make this something you want to be a part of rather than something to which you feel obligated).
- As a way to practice or live out our spirituality, some may decide to additionally schedule such activities as hiking/picnicking, book or Scripture study, social justice, topical conversation, sharing the sacraments, community projects/supporting others, or all of that or some or more!
- We ask a lot of questions, though not with the intent to “tear down” a person’s set of beliefs. Our lofty goal is to unearth truth behind belief and faith beyond religion until a sacred image reflects in our restless souls.
- If your soul is completely at peace and you have the answers you need, you must decide if it’s a
good idea to hang around Wayfarers like us who stir the pot with regularity to see what’s what!